This December I am offering to take the hassle out of the Christmas meal by buying, preparing and delivering to you all three courses ready for you to cook off yourself, complete with instructions.
Locally sourced and produced by myself, Chris Reay, owner and chef of Epicurus for the past 22 years.
Swallow Fish Smoked Salmon, Lemon Wedges
Chicken Liver Pate, Cumberland Sauce
Durham Brie & Cranberry Tart (v)
Whole Fresh Yorkshire Turkey
Chestnut, Cranberry & Orange Pigs in Blankets
Individual Mushroom, Chestnut & Cranberry Pies (v)
Carroll’s Heritage Potatoes for Roasting
Sprouts, Bacon Lardons, Toasted Almonds
Braised Red Cabbage
Parsnip & Sausagemeat Stuffing or Traditional Sage & Onion
Christmas Pudding, Brandy Sauce (v)
Chocolate & Alnwick Rum Ganache Torte, Double Cream
Mince Pies (v)
- Three course pre – prepared Christmas Dinner with mince pies – £30 per person.
- Eight guests (minimum) – £240
- Ten guests – £300
- Twelve guests – £360
- Fourteen guests – £420
- Sixteen guests (max) – £480
- No vat.
- The price includes a fully pre – prepared three course Christmas meal per person from the menu above.
- Instructions would be included with timings for cooking the main course.
- For the starter, the smoked salmon and pate would just need plating. The tart would be cooked in advance but would benefit from being warmed through prior to service.
- For the main course, the turkey would need roasting according to its weight. The pigs in blankets would need roasting as would the potatoes and parsnips, both of which would be par-boiled ready for roasting in the duck fat included. All the vegetables would be prepped ready for boiling.
- The vegetarian main course pie would be pre-cooked and only need reheating in the oven.
- For the dessert, the Christmas puddings and brandy sauce would be ready to microwave. The chocolate torte would be pre portioned, ready to plate.
- Everything would be delivered in eco-friendly compostable boxes.
- Delivery included within 25 miles of North Shields.
- Number are limited, please order ASAP.
- Yes, I can make Yorkshire puds if you want them! It seems there is a 50/50 split as to whether they are ‘allowed’ with a Christmas Dinner! If you want some, I’ll make some big ones. No extra charge!
- Orders required by noon on December the 9th.
- 25% deposit required with all orders. Balance to be paid before delivery. BACS only.
- Deliveries would be made the 23rd and 24th of December.