This December I am offering to take the hassle out of the Christmas meal by buying, preparing and delivering to you all three courses ready for you to finish off yourself, complete with instructions.
Locally sourced and produced by myself, Chris Reay, owner and chef of Epicurus since 1998.
Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Terrine,
Horseradish Cream, Pea Shoots
Chicken Liver Pate, Cumberland Sauce,
Brioche & Pea Shoots
Durham Brie & Cranberry Tart, Cranberry Sauce &
Pea Shoots (v)
Whole Fresh Yorkshire Turkey
Chestnut, Cranberry & Orange Pigs in Blankets
Individual Mushroom, Chestnut & Cranberry Pies (v)
Carroll’s Heritage Potatoes for Roasting
Parsnips for Roasting
Sprouts, Bacon Lardons, Toasted Almonds
Carrots/Broccoli/Braised Red Cabbage
Parsnip & Sausagemeat Stuffing or
Traditional Sage & Onion
Chris’s Cranberry Sauce
Christmas Pudding, Brandy Sauce (v)
Chocolate Ganache, Griottines, Chocolate Fondant & Chocolate Sponge Slice
Chris’s Mince Pies (v)
- Three course pre – prepared Christmas Dinner with mince pies – £30 per person.
- Two guests – £60 (turkey crown)
- Four guests – £120
- Eight guests – £240
- Ten guests – £300
- Twelve guests – £360
- Fourteen guests – £420
- Sixteen guests (max) – £480
- No vat.
- The price includes a fully pre – prepared three course Christmas meal per person from the menu above. This is not a fully cooked ‘take-away’, it is a FIY (finish it yourself) package. See notes below.
- Instructions would be included with timings for cooking the main course.
- For the starter, the smoked salmon terrine and pate would just need plating. The tart would be cooked in advance but would benefit from being warmed through prior to service.
- For the main course, the turkey would need roasting according to its weight. The pigs in blankets would need roasting as would the potatoes and parsnips, both of which would be par-boiled ready for roasting in the duck fat included. All the vegetables would be prepped ready for boiling.
- The vegetarian main course pie would be pre-cooked and only need reheating in the oven.
- For the dessert, the Christmas puddings and brandy sauce would be ready to microwave. The chocolate torte would be pre portioned, ready to plate.
- Everything would be delivered in eco-friendly compostable boxes.
- Delivery included within 15 miles of North Shields.
- Number are limited, please order by the 6th December.
- Yes, I can make Yorkshire puds if you want them! It seems there is a 50/50 split as to whether they are ‘allowed’ with a Christmas Dinner! If you want some, I’ll make some big ones. No extra charge!
- Orders required by Sunday December 6th please.
- Deliveries would be made the 23rd and 24th of December.